Are you a licensed Building Inspector with Senior Leadership potential? The right candidate will be respected by their colleagues, be the go-to person for questions, have a good reputation, and constantly strives for self-improvement. In short, the kind of person that brings out the best in themselves and everyone around them.
Producer / Manager will supervise and lead Code Inspectors and perform code inspections on an as-needed basis. This is a senior level position with daily customer interactions that reports directly to the Inspection Department Manager. The annual pay is competitive and dependent on experience and qualifications. Benefits include, but are not limited to, a company vehicle, health and retirement.
WHO WE ARE
ATS is a unique 30+ year multidiscipline Inspection, Engineering and Land Survey firm where work life balance is important, and safety is vital. We take pride in knowing 90% of our 900+ customers repeat business and our employees love coming to work. We have an exceptional culture and have fun with employee perks including a communal garden and annual and semi-annual events such as panini day and great holiday parties.
- Assists Department Manager in establishing appropriate service and staffing levels
- Lead and coach staff
- Acts as customer ambassador to resolve challenges with calm diplomacy
- Create reports and present to various audiences
- Continuous effort in order to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly
- Inspects new and existing residential and commercial building construction for city, state and local building codes
- Interpret building plans, sketches, specifications and drawings
- Provides needed interpretations of the various building codes
- Maintains certifications and participates in continuing education programs
Valid Texas Driver’s License, State Plumbing Inspector License, ICC Residential Combination Building Inspector, ICC Commercial Combination Building Inspector, ICC Mechanical Inspector, ICC Plumbing Inspector, and ICC Electrical Inspector certifications preferred.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree (desired but not required) and five (5) years of related work experience or equivalent experience and a minimum of three (3) years serving in a supervisory capacity.
Typical requirements for residential and commercial inspections and may include the following: exerting up to 50 pounds, balancing, climbing, crawling, crouching, and light repetitive motion.